Wednesday, August 10, 2016

DAYS #98: Sami confronts EJ about Gabi's plan, Adrienne and Sonny make up (07/02/14)

DAYS50-e1415825666426_zps2kbl6yv3.png
EPISODE 98
Written by A. Washington-Beeby
Story Consultants: ML Cooks, Nick Monarco & C. Nathaniel Richardson

 
Sami storms into EJ's office without knocking, jolting him out of his work, as he sits at his desk.

EJ: What the...?

Sami slams the door of EJ's office behind her, then folds her arms as she glares at EJ with laser-focused eyes.

SAMI: When the Hell were you gonna tell me you were helping Gabi turn Nick Fallon back into a junkie?

EJ sighs heavily, frustrated that Sami's found out about the plan.

---

 
Stefano sits across from Nick at the chess table in the DiMera living room. Stefano looks unimpressed by Nick's display of bravado as he has just called checkmate to Stefano.

STEFANO: I hope you realize that part of our arrangement is that you bring everything you gain from Titan to me. This is not an opportunity to seize power for yourself.
NICK: Ohhh, you know me better than that. I think I know by now that you don't double-cross Stefano DiMera.
STEFANO: That's very wise of you. I just hope you don't think that you're smarter than me. Because on your best day, you'll never be half as smart as me. You understand?

Nick shakes his head, cool, calm, almost zen-like.

NICK: The thought never crossed my mind.
STEFANO: Good.
NICK: Just remember though, we do have a deal. And you need to live up to your end of that bargain just the same as me. 

Stefano looks at Nick, maintaining his laser-focused gaze that would shatter weaker men.

STEFANO: I have not forgotten.
NICK: Good. Because I have what you want. I know you want to take Kate and Sami down. And if I get what I want...you'll have everything you need.

---
 
At University Hospital, Adrienne sits in the waiting area near Victor's room, fidgety. Alex approaches Adrienne and sits down next to her, putting his hand over hers.

ALEX: You okay?

Adrienne nods, almost too emphatically. Her look of worry still plain on her face.

ADRIENNE: Yeah. I'm just...just worrying about Victor.
ALEX: I get that...I think we're all a little...(sigh)...we're a bit worn down after last night.
ADRIENNE: Yeah, you could say that.
ALEX: Look...Dr. Jonas seems to think he's gonna be just fine, so...at least the worst is over, right?

 
Adrienne nods slowly as Daniel walks out of Victor's room. Sonny walks over toward Adrienne, and Alex, as Daniel steps toward them.

SONNY: Daniel...any news?

Daniel looks on, a bit concerned, he speaks carefully.

DANIEL: Well...he's stable. I don't want any of you to panic but...we've elected to keep Victor in an induced coma until we can be sure his recovery is on track.
ALEX: Well...how long will that be?
DANIEL: Depends...could be a few days...could be longer. I will say it does look good so far, so...I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be ready to wake up by the end of the week.

Adrienne finally smiles, the first time anyone's seen her smile in awhile.

ADRIENNE: Well that's...that's good news, right?

Alex wraps his arm around Adrienne's shoulder. Sonny puts a hand on her shoulder as well.

DANIEL: It sounds like a cliché but...I promise...I'm gonna do everything I can.

Daniel smiles at Adrienne before he steps away.

DANIEL: I gotta do my rounds, I'll be back later on.
ADRIENNE: Thanks Daniel.
ALEX: Yeah, thanks, man. Hey, look, guys. I'm gonna head off to work. I'll be back later?

Daniel and Alex give each other a quick pat on the back as they pass each other, in gratitude. Adrienne and Sonny nod, both their faces heavy with concern.

ADRIENNE: For sure.
SONNY: I'll see you later, Alex.
ALEX: Will do, Man. Bye, Adrienne.
ADRIENNE: Bye, Honey.

After Alex gives Sonny and Adrienne quick hugs and leaves, Adrienne turns away. Sonny tries to stop her before she steps away.

SONNY: Uh...Mom.

Adrienne stops, nervously anticipating what Sonny says next.

SONNY: Mom, can I....can I talk to you for a minute?

Adrienne sighs, taking a moment before turning around. 

ADRIENNE: Sure, Honey. Let's talk.

---

---

   
Roman sits in Hope's living room, surrounded by Hope, Lucas, and Kim, as he looks at Marlena, stunned by her suggestion to move in with her. 

ROMAN: Doc, I...I don't think that's such a good idea...
MARLENA: Now, I will not take no for an answer. Roman, you had us petrified last night. You ran off, not knowing who your sister was...you barely recognized my face.
KIM: Marlena's right. Roman, this might be something serious. You need a familiar face to help you...deal with everything day-to-day.

Roman looks at Kim, annoyed. He finally cuts in, getting up from the sofa.

ROMAN: Look, when did I become an invalid? Since when am I incapable of making my own decisions?
HOPE: Roman, we're not. We're just concerned about you.
ROMAN: Well, Hope, I appreciate that, but, with all due respect, I think I'm more than capable of making my own decisions about where I live.

Marlena sighs, getting up from the sofa herself, putting a hand on Roman's shoulder, speaking gently to him to cool him off.

MARLENA: Roman...listen...all I want...all your sister wants...and Hope...we all want to make sure that you're safe. That you're able to be healthy, and do your job for as long as you can--
ROMAN: ...Before I lose my mind? Before my brains turn to mush? Doc, I don't want to be dependant on anyone.

Marlena stops Roman from turning away, holding him back, hand still on his shoulder.

MARLENA: You won't be. Roman...Roman, you know this is about making sure you're independent as long as possible. May...maybe you'll be able to keep hold of more of your independence for longer if you have someone around who...

Marlena stops herself before finishing her sentence. Roman looks on, curious to what Marlena's holding back.

MARLENA: Someone who loves you.

Roman looks at Marlena as though there were no one else in the room. They look at each other intensely.

Eventually Roman breaks their gaze, and solemnly nods.

ROMAN: Alright, Doc. (sigh) Yeah. Yeah, I'll do it.

Marlena, Hope, Kim, and Lucas smile, relieved to hear Roman's decision. Roman stands up, but points Marlena's way, affirming a point.

ROMAN: But this does not mean you're going to be doing everything for me. We're going to be roommates, and that's all.

Marlena nods in approval, still smiling in relief.

MARLENA: You got it.

Marlena walks over to Roman and throws her arms around him. As the two embrace, Roman looks on, a bit of worry still on his face, despite the joy of the others around him.

---

Nick walks through Horton Town Square, typing furiously on his phone, texting Nicole instructions.
you better be @ percy's for 1. NO EXCUSES!!!


After hitting 'send', Nick looks up, feeling the dull head pain start to come back, he holds his hand to his mouth, blinking furiously as he's startled out of his own thoughts by a voice calling out behind him.

JULIE: Nick! There you are!

Nick turns around suddenly to see Julie walk towards him, arms out expecting a hug. As she reaches over to hug him, she continues.

JULIE: I've been trying to call you for weeks. I've been worried about you. You know, you are an incredibly hard man to get ahold of. That Kate Roberts is working you too hard.
NICK: Julie, Julie, Julie, don't blame Kate. I...I've been really caught up in work, and...and it's all on me. I need to learn to say 'no'.

Julie pulls out of her hug with Nick, and playfully smacks him. An annoyed look on her face as she continues.

JULIE: I'll say! Listen. You have time for lunch? We need to catch up.

Nick looks down at his phone, seeing the time. He nods reluctantly.

NICK: I...yeah, yeah, but I got a busy day, Julie. We gotta make it a quick one, okay?
JULIE: I'll take whatever time I can get.

Julie smiles as she speaks, looking up at Nick as she guides him toward the exit to Town Square.

---

Stefano sits alone in the DiMera living room. The lights out, the cloudy day shows the darkened room, lit only by the fire. He sits at his chess set, as he did when Nick was there.

Moments later, the door opens to the living room. Stefano looks up and sees a familiar face.

STEFANO: Ah! You're here. The time has come for the next part of our plan.

---

Sonny and Adrienne step into the waiting room, and close the door. Adrienne immediately goes to talk, but Sonny holds up his hands and speaks over her.

SONNY: Mom...let me say something.
ADRIENNE: No, I need to say something to you first. Look, I'm sorry for what happened earlier--
SONNY: No...no, Mom. I am. Look, I said some....absolutely awful things before, and I didn't mean them. You know...I know you think he's...too immature to marry me, but...Will talked to me earlier and...he helped me see that you're just trying to look for me. You're being a good mom.

Adrienne smiles, tearing up as she hears her son.

ADRIENNE: Yes...exactly. Look, I know I was out of line but...you have to understand, I mean...one day, you'll be looking out for Arianna the exact same way, I'm sure.

Sonny looks up at Adrienne, smiling back at her.

SONNY: I intend to. I love her like she's my own. And I think I understand where that protectiveness comes from. 

Sonny leans over to Adrienne and hugs her warmly. Adrienne reciprocates, holding her son tightly. 

SONNY: You're always welcome in our home. I want you to know that. I'm sorry, Mom.
ADRIENNE: It's okay, Sweetie. It's okay.

---


Will walks into the hallway outside his office at Titan, yawning from exhaustion after a sleepless night at the hospital. Turning to walk down the hallway, he nearly runs into a smiling Alex.

ALEX: Wow, someone's burning the candle at both ends. You doing alright?

Will looks at Alex, a twinge of annoyance in his eyes.

WILL: Ohh, I'm fine. I mean, obviously I'm not the only one who's been busy.
ALEX: Yeah, man. That report is killing me too.
WILL: Yeah. So...hey, tell me something, why didn't you tell me about your wife? Or...you know...the fact you're my fiancé's brother?

Alex's face drops, surprised by Will's sudden interrogation.

---

Sami stands opposite EJ in his office, arms folded, as a seated EJ tries to explain himself from behind his desk.

EJ: Look, Samantha...
SAMI: Oh don't Samantha me. You know how serious this is, EJ! Nick is dangerous on pure air, and you're feeding him the same drugs that drove him to kill. There's no telling what he can do this time around.

EJ shouts over Sami's rant, momentarily silencing her.

EJ: He's not going to do anything, Samantha. Gabi is only keeping this going until the police are made aware of his habit, and then he's right back to jail. You KNOW how strict the drug laws are in this state.
SAMI: Yeah, too bad his cousin's on the force, and conveniently "couldn't find" the pills. Do you realize how much danger you're putting me in? Kate? or how about Gabi, Will, Sonny, and all our kids?
EJ: I am doing this to protect all of you from that loose cannon before he goes spilling all our secrets out to everyone. And I'd think you'd be grateful.

Sami looks at EJ with a fiery intensity as she leans over his desk, almost spitting her response to him.

SAMI: I would be a whole lot more grateful if you weren't keeping it all a great big secret from me. Why did I have to hear about this from Kate Roberts, EJ? I thought that this whole....counselling thing? I thought it was supposed to help us with our trust issues, not make them worse.

EJ sighs, not sure how to respond to Sami.

EJ: Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this before, but...
SAMI: But nothing. Suddenly I'm really glad I sent the kids off to Colorado, because I swear to God, EJ, if anything happened to them, and if anything does happen to ANY of us...this is all on you--

EJ explodes, standing up from his seat and slamming his hands down on his desk as he shouts at Sami.

EJ: ENOUGH! Now you are going to sit down and listen right now, or I can guarantee you your little escapade by the river WILL get you all thrown in jail. Do you understand?

Sami shakes her head slowly, enraged by EJ's brute reaction.

---


2 comments:

  1. A very good episode. Julie was julie loved her dialog. Im glad nick made time for her though.

    Loved romans scenes with his family and friends and i also love the way u showcased his strength. His pride. He just melts when marlena looks at u. Kuz u know she the perfect warm smile. Who could say no to that. I wonder what johm will have to say about this.

    I knew something was up with stefano. Who is the mystery guest and what is his part of the plan. Getting so good.

    And hoe ass will couldnt wait to grill alex. Im very pleased that adrien e and sonny made peace.

    This was a good epiosde. Lots going on and it felt like it was really moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot happening in this...but true in character moments...

    Sami just went at EJ with all guns ablazing...and then she brings up the marital issues on top of it. No wonder EJ got exasperated lol

    More of Nick and his arrogance. Doesn't he know that pride comes before a fall? He really sees himself as Stefano's villainous equal.

    Will in true Sami fashion came right at Alex. This story is about to get very messy. Nobody owed anyone any explanations since Alex didn't know that Will was his brother's husband, but now that they know...hmmm messy messy lol

    Tender little moments between Sonny and Arianne and Julie and Nick. Those times humanize the characters and give them depth.

    And Roman's reaction again is natural wanting to hold on to his independence, but his family cares and he saw that, too. I think Roman and Marlena will be more than roomies though lol..

    Good deep character driven episode

    ReplyDelete