Monday, April 23, 2018

DAYS #149: Dr. Rolf & Stefano discuss The Patient, Adrienne puts Will on notice (09/12/14)

ttSCbco.jpg
EPISODE 149
Written by A. Washington-Beeby
Story Consultants: C. Nathaniel Richardson & Nick Monarco

wK1rXOr.png PP3hz7S.png
In the Kiriakis dining room, Anjelica stands alone with Noelle in the corner. Looking around to make sure they're alone, Noelle approaches Anjelica.


NOELLE: So...?
ANJELICA: I think Alex will be on our side on this.
NOELLE: Perfect.


Noelle looks around, highly suspicious of anyone entering the dining room, so much so, despite being alone, Noelle continues to whisper to Anjelica.

NOELLE: (whispering) Look, I have news.
ANJELICA: Well, spit it out!
NOELLE: (whispering) It's Victor!
ANJELICA: What???


Noelle gestures emphatically to get Anjelica to quiet down, as she whispers to Anjelica.

NOELLE: He's awake, we have to tell Nick.
ANJELICA: Wh--


YtWN1ZI.png fHMJcKv.png 7ibIBbw.png

As Anjelica begins to respond, Justin, Maggie, and Sonny enter the dining room, all sharing a laugh as they sit down at the table. Noelle and Anjelica awkwardly halt their conversation and join them.

Sitting down, the room falls quiet, as they all look at each other, unsure how to start the conversation.

NOELLE: It's....so nice to have family together for once.

All five of them look around at each other, unsure what to do, before Noelle grabs her drink from in front of her and awkwardly raises a toast. 

NOELLE: To...family!

The others reluctantly join in, most looking awkwardly at each other, wondering what brought on Noelle's toast.

ALL: Cheers!

As they clink their glasses, they immediately take sips so long, most finish their drinks in one go.


---

8JqCj1T.png CrNEeHU.png
Alex and Will stand alone together in the Kiriakis living room. They look awkwardly at each other, as Will asks a serious question.


WILL: Ahhh....so, I haven't had a chance to ask anybody yet but...I know there's been a huge upheaval at work today. What does that mean for us?

Alex is taken aback by Will's question, leaving him momentarily speechless.

ALEX: Ahh...you mean at the office?

Will laughs, his heart aflutter, as he, without thinking, blurts out a response.

WILL: Yeah, I mean...what did you think I meant? I mean, you're cute and all but...

Alex and Will laugh, as Will realizes what he's just said and begins to blush.

WILL: I mean...oh God. What did I just say?
ALEX: No...(laughs) God, Will, don't be embarrassed. I know what you meant. Don't worry.


XpzwY1b.png
Will looks to the ceiling, closing his eyes in embarrassment, as Adrienne steps into the doorway from the dining room. She looks on, troubled by what she observes.


WILL: Ugh, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that I was...attracted to you at all. You're my boss, and MARRIED. I'm marrying your BROTHER. I just...I tend to put my foot in my mouth a lot. I'm sorry.
ALEX: Don't worry. Seriously. It's okay. Just as long as you don't have this problem with words on the page, we're good.


Will laughs, as Adrienne steps into the room.

ADRIENNE: Ah, boys? Are you gonna join us for dinner at all?

Adrienne looks directly into Will's eyes, an almost accusatory look in them, despite her sweet tone. It immediately discomforts Will.

---

W9BIuJj.png khWXGnW.png
Outside club TBD, Kate and Sami stand, having confronted Nick and Gabi on their date, pestering Gabi about her modelling contract offers. Now, Sami's expression becomes more one of worry.


SAMI: You seem worried. You weren't before.
KATE: I had no reason to be before. Nick worming his way into the CEO position at Titan was nothing. He could be out of there within hours if he so much as breathed the wrong way. But if he has controlling interest? All bets are off, and we need to tread carefully.
SAMI: Oh, to Hell with that. He's going to put us all in jail, Kate.


Kate tries to quiet Sami down, but Sami continues, increasingly panicked.

KATE: Sami, C--
SAMI: ...Oh don't try to shut me up. You know I'm right. What is he gonna do when he finds out we're trying to set him up? Dammit, Kate, we need to do something about him, and fast.

---

NO1SJYT.png 8fxuDEk.png
Inside Club TBD, Nick and Gabi sit, Gabi deep in thought about what just transpired. Nick notices Gabi's contemplative look, and crooks his head slightly to get her attention.


NICK: Hello?? Earth to Gabi.

Gabi snaps out of her trance, shaking her head suddenly, looking Nick's way.

GABI: Ugh, sorry. Just...in case you didn't notice, I have....a decision to make.
NICK: Nah, I get it. But I think you know what you're doing. I trust you.


Gabi smiles, as Nick reaches across the table to take Gabi's hand gently in his. Gabi wants to pull away, but manages to stop herself.

NICK: I know I haven't been....exactly the most trustworthy person, myself. But I do want you to know, I'm gonna do everything I can from now on, to give you exactly the life you deserve. 

Gabi looks down momentarily at Nick's hand holding hers. 

NICK: I love you, Gabi.

Gabi hesitates to answer Nick, the words caught in her throat.

---




---

Kate walks in closer to Sami in front of Club TBD, and attempts to calm Sami down.

KATE: Sami, you need to think of the long game here. Nick has the power to destroy all of us. That includes Will. So let's stay the course for now, and keep our eyes peeled for any opening.
SAMI: We don't have time for that, Kate. It's time we make an opening.


Sami, determined, storms off, leaving Kate behind, more worried than ever.

KATE: Sami! Sami! (sigh)

---

nNUb9Pe.png
Inside Club TBD, Gabi struggles to respond to Nick, as Nick waits for a response. T arrives with their tapas, which he starts putting down on the table, breaking the tension.


T: Alright! I've got some grilled calamari...lamb proscuitto dumplings, and a mango salad.
NICK: Thank you.
GABI: Thanks, T.


T stands by them, ever the professional.

T: Anything I can get you guys? Refill on your drinks? 

Nick holds up a finger, never taking his eyes off Gabi.

NICK: Yeah...give me a bottle of your best champagne.
T: You got it!


T walks off, leaving Nick and Gabi alone, as she hastily reaches for her fork, trying to eat before she has to respond to Nick.

NICK: I know we've got a lot of baggage, Gabi. And...I know you're probably not ready to tell me you love me, but...I just wanted you to know that I do. And I will always look out for your best interests.

Gabi smiles, as she swallows her calamari. 

GABI: I know. Thank you. Thank you for being so patient.

Nick smiles back at Gabi, looking intensely at her for a moment before asking another question.

NICK: Gabi.

Gabi looks back, inquisitively, if a little tense.

NICK: I...I don't wanna put any pressure on you at all, but...well...now that I've got this job, and...the company assets...I'm planning to finally move out of the room upstairs at the pub.
GABI: That's great! I'm glad you're finally able to do that.
NICK: Yeah, so...now, once I have a home to call my own, and...don't feel like you have to say 'yes' or anything...but...would you like to move in with me?


Gabi's eyes widen, stunned by Nick's suggestion, and unsure how to react, or respond.

---

Will and Adrienne stare off at each other, clearly communicating unspoken thoughts with each other, as Alex looks on, trying to cut the tension.

ALEX: Ah...Adrienne. Sorry, we were...catching up on work stuff. 

Adrienne continues to focus her eyes on Will, though breaking her gaze eventually as she responds to her stepson.

ADRIENNE: Of course. Ah, well...dinner's about to be served, so...come on.
ALEX: Sure thing.


As Alex leaves the room, Will is held back by Adrienne, who speaks quietly to Will, as she grabs his arm, not forcefully, but firmly.

ADRIENNE: A little advice, Will? If you expect me to play my part, you'd better do a lot better job of yours.

Will looks down at Adrienne, and nearly bursts out laughing. He shakes his head dismissively.

WILL: Adrienne, you're looking for something that isn't even there.
ADRIENNE: Am I? Because those eyes you were giving each other just now tell me otherwise.
WILL: What looks? The only looks I was giving were directed at you when you once again inserted yourself in a conversation that was none of your business.


Adrienne folds her arms, giving Will a squinted glare.

ADRIENNE: Despite what you think, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I can tell you're attracted to Alex.
WILL: I love Sonny--


Adrienne snaps back at Will, cutting him off from continuing his thought.

ADRIENNE: And Justin loved me. But he still had that affair with Anjelica and still had her child. 

Will stops himself, momentarily looking down, as he soaks in what Adrienne is saying to him. Adrienne steps in closer to Will, speaking a bit more earnestly, and less bitingly.

ADRIENNE: You have two very impulsive parents, who lead with their hearts and not their heads. Don't be like them. Alex may not be my son by blood but I love him just as much as I love Sonny, and I don't want either of them hurt. If you do, I will make sure you regret it.

Adrienne backs away, releasing the tension in her body with a sigh as she turns toward the dining room. As Adrienne walks away, Will looks down, shaking his head as he sighs, his head full from Adrienne's warning. He makes his way to the dining room as well.

---

RmmvEqJ.png
Eric sits at the bar of the Brady Pub, a pint of beer before him, as he makes a call on his cell phone to Nicole. Waiting to hear her pick up, he is unsuccessful, and the call goes to voice mail.


ERIC: Hey, Nicole. It's Eric. I ah...I know you've had a big break in your story for tomorrow but...I'm just wondering when you'll be back. I mean...it is our...our wedding night, and I'd...just call me back when you get this. I love you.

8MG0qil.png
Hanging up, Eric takes a drink, as Marlena walks into the pub. 


MARLENA: Ah! Eric!

Eric turns around to see his mother, and gives her a hug.

ERIC: Mom! Hey. How'd your meeting go at the hospital?
MARLENA: Oh well...Valerie and I had...a lot to talk about. It's actually why I'm here. I'm glad I ran into you. I...I have something to ask of you, and I don't think you're going to like it very much.


Eric looks at Marlena, concerned.

ERIC: Why? What is it?

Marlena hesitates for a moment, before reluctantly responding, unable to look Eric in the eyes as she does.

MARLENA: I need your help to run a DNA test on your father.

Eric looks back in amazement, stunned by his mother's request.

---

Ge7gfan.png
Dr. Rolf sits opposite Stefano in a dimly lit room in Stefano's Italian island villa. The two longtime partners-in-crime discuss their plans as the sun sets.


STEFANO: So! When can we expect the patient will be ready?
DR. ROLF: Stefano, I cannot give you a firm timeline on this. You know what happened the last time.
STEFANO: Yes, unfortunately, I do. 


Stefano looks off in a distance momentarily, as Dr. Rolf continues.

DR. ROLF: We cannot have a repeat of what happened before. As you know, the second Pawn project was effective but ultimately we couldn't utilize him because we caused too much brain damage. He would never be able to take proper direction from us.
STEFANO: Hmmm, yes. And now he appears to be in terminal decline.

Dr. Rolf nods sadly.

DR. ROLF: Yes, indeed. It is a real shame. And, of course, our attempt to reprogram John Black failed miserably as well. 

Dr. Rolf thinks aloud, becoming more and more agitated as he contemplates his strategy.

DR. ROLF: There has got to be a way to find the balance. My work on the second pawn was too potent, and on John Black, not enough.
Stefano looks Rolf sternly in the eyes, as he points at him to make his point.
STEFANO: And THAT is why THIS Pawn MUST work for us to get us what we need, or else everything we have worked so hard for will be destroyed!

Rolf looks back at Stefano, nodding with a sombre expression on his face.

---

In a dark, windowless room, a man is tied to a chair in an otherwise empty room. His hands and feet are bound.


On a screen in front of him, a flurry of images appear on a projector screen. Many disturbing images flash by, changing almost as soon as they appear.

Crawling insects. 

Scenes from bloody warfare. 


A gun being fired.


John Black's face then appears, before disappearing, replaced by more violent images.

The man writhes about, his mouth gagged, keeping him from shouting out. He struggles, trying to resist the intense images presented before him, but enraged far more by John than any other.

---

2 comments:

  1. Very strong episode. I do see the big stories developing and great subplots starting.

    STEFANO/ROLF: I'm really interested to see this story develop. My interest peaked last episode and has remained at a peaking height. I want to know who the next pawn is. And, great nods to history.

    MARLENA/ERIC: I could see Eric's odd reaction to Marlena's request. I wonder if Marlena can make it out of this situation easily, or if Eric will grill her. I also wonder what the final outcome will be with the DNA results.

    ADRIENNE/ALEX/WILL: Will best watch out! Mama bear can be on the warpath in no time! I love that she read Will today, tomorrow, and twice on Sundays! And, I also love the building sexual chemistry between Alex and Will. Definitely heats up the show!

    NICK/GABI/T/SAMI/KATE: Interesting interactions here. I loved them all. I especially liked Nick catching Gabi off guard with the whole move in proposal. And, I love that you have Sami and Kate working together but you're staying true to the characters and the relationships. Kate being worried that Sami might do something without thinking is so true to their characters. Great job there!

    ANJELICA/NOELLE: Love that you've got the unexpected partnering of Anj and Noelle. I feel that is so strong and you can uncover a lot of layers with that story.

    Overall, another strong episode. You've set a high bar for good stories. Can't wait to see what happens in #150!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I continue in order...

    What is sticking out to me is ADRIENNE and WILL. Adrienne is not here for Will hurting her son and it is understandable that she is being protective as a mother. It was the confrontation I have been waiting for. Will really couldn't react in any kind of way because he knew Adrienne was right about his attraction to Alex. This is only going to get more intense.

    NICK shows more of sociopathy as he professes his "love" for GABI. I think Nick really does love her in his own sociopathic way (which isn't love at all). Gabi must have been getting urges to vomit. How much longer before she snaps in keeping up this ruse? That will be something to see.

    MARLENA has set off on the trail of finding out if Roman is Roman. Now she's unwittingly pulled ERIC into it. She will have to explain why she wants a DNA sample, and I'm sure Eric will have even more questions after Marlena tells him. And then cut to STEFANO AND ROLF discussing the Pawn projects. I can see Rolf on TV saying these things to Stefano...THEN the mystery hostage and this person's anger toward John Black. This is ramping up.

    Great work as these stories are moving and getting more intense!!!

    ReplyDelete